Question
Posted by: Rosemary Lake | 2010/04/27

painful enlarged breast nodules in post menopausal woman

painful breast nodules-55yrold,noHRT,hysterectomy10yrs ago

Hallo Rosemary
It could just be fibroadenoma, harmless swollen glands due to hormonal fluctuations. I would however advise you to see your doctor for a proper breast exam and possible mammogram/sonar of the nodules. Taking Vit B 6 100 mg per day and an anti-inflammatory like Brufen 200 mg 3 times a day for a week may help.

2
Posted by: Lorella | 2010/04/29

Hi - i have a similar question but it is for my 18 yr old daughter. She also has a fibroadenoma, she has been for a scan - our GP suggests an operation, but surely that is a bit drastic. She is on the pill but i thought Jasmine was the least strongest of pills - how could that cause such hormone fluctuations? it does bother her round about time of menstruation, but she is worried that it could turn into cancer later on in life. But an op? might the same treatment as above work for her?
thanks

Reply to Lorella
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/28

Hallo Rosemary

Reply to cyberdoc