Question
Posted by: Jolene | 2011-11-08

painful clitoris

I urgently need help please, I am loosing my mind feeling like this! We''ve been together for 3 1/2 years when we got married Sept 2010, and decided that we will wait until February after my 30th birthday to start trying for a baby. Soon after that I felt like I''m getting a bladder infection, needing to urinate very often. Eventually it started feeling like, don''t know how to describe it, like I want to have sex, and eventually it started hurting a lot, almost like my clitoris was pinched in a washing peg (actually worse). It got so bad I was lying on the couch all day with hands between my legs placing pressure on myself, crying.

I went to my GP, she tested my urine and send me for x-ray. She found some blood in my urine and said that my colon is full and might be causing pressure on my bladder and treated me for this. I then went to the gyneachologist and he said that there is nothing physically wrong with me, made some remark that maybe the sex is too rough, which I found quite rude and offensive.
I did some research myself and found that ''vulvodynia'' is the closest to my symptoms but still not exactly the same. They said that there is no known cause or cure for this and the old types of anti-depressants help to ease the pain. I phoned my GP and she prescribed Trepiline 25mg. It did ease the pain. The pain changed slowly to a tingling feeling inside (above the clitoris area up to my bladder) until it faded completely.
After about 4 months it was better. Once I felt the tingling feeling return, so I started taking the trepiline 10mg and the feeling stopped.
I fell pregnant and lost the baby on 10 weeks (10August).

Then about 1 1/2 weeks ago the tingling feeling returned. I started taking the Trepiline 10mg again but it did not work. The tingling feeling got worse until it turned to the same hurting feeling, but still feeling that sex would make it better. By the way, sex does not make it better. It doesn''t hurt when we have sex, but it feels worse after.
My mother suggested I see a urologist, so I went to my GP, she phoned the urologist, and he suggested that I rather see sexologist.

I am now back on 25mg Trepiline, pain is getting better but still need to urinate often and have that constant sensitive feeling in my clitoris area. I really want to have a baby and we are trying to fall pregnant but I cannot be pregnant, not be able to use the medicine and feel like this!
PLEASE HELP!

If the Trepiline helps, then you may need to continue with that. It can be used in pregnancy.It would probably be a good idea to see a sexologist as well. I'm afraid I cannot add anything further without examining you.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-11-14