Question
Posted by: LABGIRL | 2009-08-31

PAINFUL BURSA

Hi, I have been diagnosed by my GP with a Bursa (hip / leg) and was then injected with cortizone. As it did not releave the pain completely, my doctor has now made an appointment with a specialist, who will apparantly again inject cortizone, but with aid of a sonar machine. Is this done in hospital, surgery or X-ray department? How long does it take before pain relief?? How long will I be painfree?? Is it something that comes back again??

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Labgirl
Some of the specialists have their own sonars in the practice and you should find out from the Dr where you are referred to. Pain relief varies from patient to patient and there is no certain way to tell you how long or how fast it is going to be. These questions may be better answered by the specialist.