Posted by: DVN | 2011-07-28

My breasts are sore all the time. Before my period it gets really bad, but it remains sore after my period as well. I went for a mammogram and everything was normal. Also my periods are very infrequent. Soemtimes I have my periods every 14 days and sometimes it''s normal at every 28 days. I also suffer from severe stomach cramps the day before my period starts and approximately two days after it''s started. I am 44 years old and otherwise healthy. About two years ago I had the same problem and my gynae recommended me going on Nordette. But I started picking up weight when I used it and also my skin got very bad. I think I''m in my menopause - is this normal duing menopause? My mother and grnadmother had their menopause in their late thirties, and I heard it is hereditary.

You could try Evening Primrose oil for the sore breasts. The irregular periods are not normal and you should check that there is no problem with the womb. Menopause usually starts by missing periods.