Posted by: Jay | 2009-04-17

Painful back - worried

I am 18 weeks with my third child but very worried. I have severe back pain on the left side of my back at the bottom. I also thought I felt my baby kick on the 1st of April but since then no movements, my breasts are not sore anymore I am worried that maybe I have miscarried but I am scared to go find out I keep putting it off hoping things will change.

I'd suggest that you see your doctor. This is the only way to know if everything is okay.

Posted by: Jay | 2009-04-20

Many thanks for the responces. I did visit my doctor and phew everything is fine I heard my babys heartbeat and was over the moon. He explained to me my ligaments are getting soft and that is why I am in pain and I should have a warm bath or sit with a hot water bottle.

He also said that i should start feeling movements from this week onwards 1st April might have been a bit too early.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Shoes | 2009-04-17

Hi Jay,

Please check with your doctor, if the pregnancy has stopped growing, you may be at risk of an infection which could prevent further pregnancies.

I also experienced back pain at this stage, but did continue to feel the baby move. I was prescribed Tramacet, which is a pretty strong pain killer, but it did not affect the baby.

Good luck.

Reply to Shoes