Question
Posted by: Stress Ball | 2009-02-20

Painful ankles

I have fractured both my ankles before and went for bone density tests but everything was normal. No-one could tell me how it happened!?! I wore " moon boots"  on both ankles for aprrox. 4 weeks and they healed. This was about 9 months ago. These last 2-3 weeks I' ve been experiencing pain in my ankles and they seem to now throb by the end of the day. They also seem to be a little swollen. I am over weight so that might have something to do with it hey?

Many thanks
Stress Ball

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Being overweight and possible weakness of the muscles supporting your ankles, can in fact cause fractures and instability. I therefore, recommend that you loose weight by following a healthy balanced diet and to exercise regularly.