Question
Posted by: Shirley yirenkyi | 2012-10-31

Painful abdomen

Any time i eat before sleeping, the next morning i will have a painful abdomen.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Shirley,
This sounds like a medical condition, so I suggest you consult with your GP, rather than me guessing what is happening.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: ME | 2012-10-31

Its probably because your food doesnt get to settle before you go to bed so it causes bloating and gas and probably overstimulates the stomach acid which can lead to cramps.
I would suggest waiting at least two hours before going to bed after eating.
Also - what is it that you are eating? What about drinking yoghurt/yoghurt or a meal replacement shake that wont feel heavy in the stomach?

Reply to ME