Posted by: Thabo Molemohi | 2012-02-21

Pain under the right hand side of the rib cage

For some time now I have been experiencing this pain under the last rib on the right hand side. It is numb but quite unconfortable when touching and upon releaese of touching. I have read various advice(s) on what might be the possible/probable cause and MOST if not ALL are very SCARY. I have been experiencing it over time as it comes and goes and can be unbearable at time. What is my recourse??

You will have to consult an orthopedic surgeon for a clear diagnosis. It is possible that you have costochondritis (inflammation of one or more of the cartlidge of the ribs). A nerve block can be done to alleviate the pain or surgery to remove the rib in question.

Posted by: Thabo Molemohi | 2012-02-27

I went to my GP and he made various tests(x-rays, bloods etc). Then when they were available he telephonocally called the surgeon who advised that, on the bases of the lab reports, we " should not panic yet, but should pain come back I will have to visit him"  He also advised on some prescription medication (tablets)

Reply to Thabo Molemohi