Question
Posted by: Andre | 2010/09/06

Pain tab addiction

I recently had my 3rd back operation and now have a cage, 2 rods and 8 screws in my back. Some days the pain is not bad and I am fine. Had the back op 5 months ago. Doc prescribed lentogesic. They ar the only thing that helps the pain. Am I addicted to it as it is becoming very expensive. How do I wean myself off them. I try to take Ibupain and ASdcodol in between so that i oly get a script every 10 days (30) I take up to 6 a day when the pain is bad. Can you help me - willI always have backpain and will pain tablets always be a threat in my life?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Andre;

Most pain medication is highly addictive and Lentogesic is no exeption. The Good news is that Chronic pain can be managed. I suggest that you contact your Doctor for referral to a pain management clinic. Also many people find therapy like acupuncture an Yoga to beneficial in the managament of chronic pain.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/09/12

Dear Andre;

Reply to Addictions expert forum