Question
Posted by: Elzbeth | 2010-05-09

Pain since my c-section more than 2 years ago

I had a 2nd c-section Sept 2007, I have had the pain since, it feels like the wound is open or BEING cut open. It comes &  goes, I have tried to look for a pattern, nothing. I have a very sharp pain specifically in my left hand side, it feels like its inside going out, almost as if its just under my skin. The skin healed perfectly. I tried to to reduce the size of my tummy via eating habits, the idea of exercise scares me because of the pain I already have. The outer part of my wond is numb...is this normal.

I have since seen my gynae and another gynae, had a miscarriage and had my womb scarped (January this year). Both are ademant that my wound is in perfect health...but I just cannot help feel something is amiss due to this pain...right now the pain is even going down my thigh its that bad.

Please can someone help or direct me what to do...I am going mad from the pain...worried about taking pain killers in case its somethign serious and I do not detect it.

Numbness of the wound is normal after a caesarean. Sometimes the nerves in that area which are cut can cause pain and this may respond to injections of local anaesthetic. I'm afraid I can't really help without examining you. Wound pain should not go to the thigh, so perhaps there is some other cause for the pain.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-10