Question
Posted by: shargal | 2009/11/03

pain relief

8 mnths pregnant and need advice on other safer labour pain relief and is epidural safe to have and what are the effects to my spine and back??

Dear Shargal
I had an epidural with my second baby and it was much better than getting morhpine (which I had with my first and only made me whoozy and nauseous without helping for the pain!) The risk is a headache afterwards, and for a while you can't walk around and may have to wear a catheter for a few hours. It can also make your bloodpressure go very low. However if you have an experienced doctor administering, it the side effects are minimal. It does not affect your spine - they inject it between the vertebrae.
See http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=c5987b1e-add7-403a-b817-b3efe6109265&chunkiid=101233

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Dear Shargal

Reply to cyberdoc