Posted by: ssnoopy | 2012-03-29

Pain on top of head

A friend, has this sensitivity on the top of his head, to the extent even the wind blowing hurts.He has an ear infection at present, but when pressing around the ear area and even the temples there is no sign of pain.Is on second round of anti biotics
He is also complaiining of blurred vision,is sweating a lot and looking a bit greyish in colour.Also, I can call it exhausted.
This has been going on for more than 2 weeks.
He is in remission Non Hodgekinson Lymphoma,He has sleep apnea,cardiac odema.diabetis, Is on medication for depression and anxiety as well as all the other problems.
He recently went for his check up with the haemitologist who has referred him to a cardiologist as he has been geting pins and needles down his left arm.
He is 66 under a lot of work and personal pressure.
The first appointment he could get with a cardiologist in Cape Town is in May.
I am not sure where and to what sort of doc he needs to see,Perhaps you can advise.Thank you

I suggest that he consults an internal specialist, who will have to address all his symptoms and diseases in a structured manner. It is very important for his chronic conditions to be well controlled. It is imperative to exclude poor diabetic control, heart failure, kidney failure, severe anemia, as well as hypothyroidism.