Question
Posted by: ssnoopy | 2012-03-28

Pain on top of head

A friend, has this sensitivity on the top of his head, to the extent even the wind blowing hurts.He has an ear infection at present, but when pressing around the ear area and even the temples there is no sign of pain.Is on second round of anti biotics
He is also complaiining of blurred vision,is sweating a lot and looking a bit greyish in colour.Also, I can call it exhausted.
This has been going on for more than 2 weeks.
He is in remission Non Hodgekinson Lymphoma,He has sleep apnea,cardiac odema.diabetis, Is on medication for depression and anxiety as well as all the other problems.
He recently went for his check up with the haemitologist who has referred him to a cardiologist as he has been geting pins and needles down his left arm.
He is 66 under a lot of work and personal pressure.
The first appointment he could get with a cardiologist in Cape Town is in May.
I am not sure where and to what sort of doc he needs to see,Perhaps you can advise.Thank you

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Snoopy,

The sensitivity your friend feels on the top of his head is of course nothing to do with his heart. He has a complex combination of problems including non-Hodgkin’s lympoma in remission, sleep apnoea, diabetes, depression and anxiety. My recommendation would be that he sees a good general physician, and also the cardiologist to whom his haematologist has referred him. I hope things improve for him.

Kind regards, JT