Posted by: Nats | 2009-10-03

Pain on swallowing

Good day. I have hashimoto' s disease that was diagnosed 3 years ago and are using Eltroxin. My levels are fine, was checked in July. Since 2 weeks ago I started to have a painful throat. It started at the back, where my tonsils should be but more to the front . Difficult to explain. This was very painful when I moved my tongue. It started on the one side and then on the other side. Since Thursday I started to experience painful swallowing. I don' t have a sore throat as such. It is more at my adams apple and tender on touch. I don' t have a fever or any other problems. Should I be worried? What could it be?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a throat swab to rule out a bacterial infection.