Question
Posted by: Justnita | 2008/10/10

Pain on righthand near midrif

Dr Bets, I have a very sharp pain at odd times on the right hand side of my body near the midrif. It feels as though I am grabbed by a hand on that area, and I have had it while lying down at night and while active. I have to keep quite still for it to subside and it lasts only a short time. I am a rather overweight lady with a big tummy, but otherwise I am quite healthy with normal blood pressure. I also get a sharp stingy sensation at other times around the midrif, which I think is in the colon area. I can only describe it feeling as if stung by an insect or something pricking sharply on the inside with an almost itchy feeling! What on earth can this be?

Dear Justnita

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

These are very a-typical symptoms and not indicative of anything obvious. I recommend that you consult your GP for a thorough examination.

Kind regards