Question
Posted by: mollymol | 2009/03/18

pain on right side upper tummy

everytime I eat, I get such an intense pain just under my right rib on the same spot, burns like someone is holding a flame againt me. I have had my galbladder removed 5 years ago and a hernia repair. sometimes when I eat, I have a sudden big burb motion, which relieves the pain, or if this does not happen, it settles down after about 10 minutes. This pain seems to be worsen.
thanks
mollydol

Hallo Mollymol
This could be referred pain from the stomach, caused by stomach lining inflammation or an ulcer. Please ask your doctor to have a look and see if you need a gastroscopy? Try Mucaine or Gelusil for the pain in the stomach in the mean time