Posted by: nas | 2009-10-05

pain on right side

i have been experiencing a dull and at times stabbing pain on the right side.. just on or under the right rib cage... with teh pain, there is a hard lump that i can feel.
at times is is even uncomfortable to sleep or sit.
i have been diagnosed with low iron levels and have been prescribed ferrimed for the past 3 months- on month 2 of the meds.. could this be a side effect?
could this a hernia? something gastric related?
what should i ask or be aware of when visiting my doctor?

Hallo Nas
No I don't think it is related to the iron medication. You may have inflammation in the cartilage of a short rib, so let your doctor have a look as you may need anti-inflammatory medication. He also needs to have a look at the lump - to ensure that it is not a growth/tumour that needs further examination.