Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/08/14

pain on my chest

I' ve having a pain on the middle of my chest, about a hands width below my throat. Its hard to describe, but it feels like its beneath my skin, and is a dull, consistant pain, sometimes it burns a little, other times not. I don' t feel any bumps, and the skin is not red or discoloured or have any marks on it. I realised this morning (I can' t believe it took me this long to figure it out) that the days when I wear perfume I spray it in that area, could the perfume be causing this pain?

Hi Kelly
I doubt if it is your perfume. This could be either inflammation of the small joints of the ribs where they join the breastbone, or even inflammation of the esophagus due to acid reflux. Rather let your GP examine the area to pinpoint the source of the problem?