Question
Posted by: AMUS | 2009-08-24

PAIN ON LEGS

I have a serious pain on my thigh, anlke and muscle on the leg when expecting periods, what could be the problem.33 years old.iT is as if the is no blood circulation in the area

Dear Amus
It can be a referred pain from the pelvic area - try an anti-inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen or naproxen, and a heat pad on the tummy. It can be caused by Endometriosis, Fibroids, Intrauterine Device (IUD), Ovarian cysts, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), Sexually transmitted diseases so if it is severe, it will be a good thing to go for a proper gynecological examination to see if there is a treatable cause.