Posted by: CP | 2009-02-19

Pain on left side of head

I have just experienced a very sharp pain on the left side of my head. The pain seemed as if it was travelling down to my hand but has now simmered down. I looked for the signs of a stroke: Smile, Talk, Make a Sentence, Tongue - all seems well. I have also managed to calm myself dwn so i do not have a panic attack.
This pain is still here - what could it be?

Dear CP
This could be a rare type of migraine called "ice pick headaches" but could also be a mini stroke or TIA (this is temporary and does not cause permanent paralysis) If you have nausea, stiff neck, a headache that gets worse or fever you need to please rather see a doctor sooner than later. These symptoms can be caused by a bleeding in the brain.