Posted by: Sue | 2009-01-14

Pain on left side of face

I woke up this morning feeling like I had an eye infection in my right eye - once I' d actually woken up a bit, I realised that the whole left side of my face felt very sensitive, almost painful to the touch. I had one or two quick sharp pains in that general area, and now I am feeling a slight constant tingling sensation. I dont have any teeth or jaw problems. I have a pretty stressful job and am a single parent of an ADHD child - so life is stressful generally, but I dont feel any more stressed than usual a the moment. What could it be?

many thanks.

Dear Sue
See your doctor as soon as possible - it may be the early signs of a Bell's palsy or Herpes infection - early treatment is very important