Question
Posted by: Emma | 2011-08-31

Pain/ no period

Hello Doc,
In this new week, my period will be month late. My problem starting with abdominal bloating but that has since gone down. Then I started to get spasms in my sides that came and went. I then had a mild fever, pale and generally felt unwell. I went to the doc and suspected a UTI but my urine sample came back clear for infection.I''m 31 and not pregnant.I''ve been on antibiotics twice this month and stopped iron tabs about a month ago (Autrin), could that cause my period to be late?

Emma

I sincerely doubt that the antibiotics or stopping with Autrin can be the cause for your absent period. Consult your GP for a full hormonal profile, as well as a glucose tolerance test and a thyroid test. This will give an indication of the possible cause.