Question
Posted by: Crock | 2010/07/04

Pain meds

I have scoliosis, lordosis, osteo and disc narrowing. I am going to biokinetics and trying everything to decrease the pain without medication. Hoever, I have difficulty sleeping due to pain. Iam very scared of using medication, but the poain is killing me emotionally. How much medication is safe. The doctors prescribe excessively in my opinion. What is the happy medium between suffering and becoming dependent? I currently use trmadol about 1-2 a week. I also use adco-dol (1) every 3rd day when i cannot take it anymore. Parecetemol does not touch the pain. Please give me some guidelines as I am most worried about rebound pain. I am not really too worried about addiction. One Doctor put me on distalgesic, and told me that I would use about 90 per month for the rest of my life. Hell NO!

Expert ImageOsteopath

Medication is very necessary in dealing with your complex symptoms. However, I would strongly recommend that you consult with an osteopath in your area. Osteopathy is very effective at looking at the overall health, reducing your pain and coming up with the best management for your situation.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2010/07/06

Reply to osteopath