Question
Posted by: Janine | 2010/01/27

Pain management during pregnancy

I had a low grade sarcoma (8-9 cm) removed in my upper right thigh about 18 months ago. I have been on various pain meds (Temgesic, Lentogesic, Tramacet) due to the severe pain caused by the nerve damage. I have completed my 4th course on Clomid, and is currently trying to conceive. My gynae advises that all pain meds be stopped, and does not offer any alternative treatement for the chronic pain. I am desperately looking for pain medication that is SAFE for my baby. I will not be able to go without any pain meds - I am trying and NOT coping.

Panado is the only one which is safe in pregnancy. You may have to reconsider the pregnancy for the moment if you still need medication.

1