Question
Posted by: Linda | 2012/01/22

Pain lower right abdomen

HI doc,

I have been experiencing extreme pain just before and during the first 4 days of my period.im 25, I never used to have this problem. I am under a lot of stress and have been diagnosed with mild depression.

I have not ever been sexually active.

The pain is in my lower back, and when lying down on my back in bed i can see my right lower abdome there is a bulge and its very tender. once it has been on the other side but mostly its on the right. i have a bad appetite but that could be due to the stress etc. I urinate frequently.
sometimes the pain will spread down my legs. I just feel really nasty all over during my period.

The bulge sand tenderness is usually there 2- 3 weeks out of the month
but the pain and everything else is at its most severe during my cycle. I am 1.68m tall and weigh 53kg''s. I am not very athletic, have a small frame boyish shape figure.

My cycle is mostly regular. But its just these past 8 months it just gets so unbearable when im about to start my period and during.

What could it be?

Kind regards,

Linda

Endometriosis is a possibility. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

2

Posted by: Linda | 2012/01/22

And i also suffer from joint pain- all the time- wrists, shoulder, ankles...

Reply to Linda