Question
Posted by: Jaz | 2008/12/10

Pain left side chest

For a couple of weeks I' ve had a pain in my chest. Its on the left side , just a few centimetres under my armpit . It hurts when I breath deeply. Could it be the muscles between the ribs, as I' ve had to take anti-inflamatories for them before? I have no history of any heart-conditions in my family

Dear Jaz
It could be the muscles but also the pleura of the lung that is inflamed. If you don't have fever, and you are not coughing or short of breath, you could try anti-inflammatories for a few days, but if it does not get better, rather let your doctor have a look!