Posted by: Eric | 2011-10-06

Pain left just above belt line

Hi Doc.I have a pain left side just above belt line.I have had this pain for the last 3 days but it is getting worse now.Feb this year I have had my apendics removed.They said it was a very ''sick'' one.Now I have the same pain that I had before going to hospital.Can you help?

It is most probably a viral lymph adenitis, which is inflammation of the lymph nodes in the abdomen on the left hand side. It is not dangerous and can be treated with Ibuprofen and rest. It can also be due to muscle spasm or inflammation in the groin that causes a radiating pain to the abdomen. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests to have a proper diagnosis made.