Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009-11-17

Pain in wrists

Hi Doc,

For the last couple of days I have been experiencing alot of pain in my wrists if I put any pressure on them like when I stand up from sitting in a chair - the pain originates in my wrist &  radiates up my forearms &  my hands also feel like they are lame. I have also been experiencing pins &  needles in my fingers. What can this be and how do I go about fixing it?

I would appreciate your advice.
Have a good day.
Debbie

Hallo Debbie
You may have carpal tunnel syndrome - try rubbing with Voltaren jel and taking anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if you are not allergic to it. Physiotherapy should also help. If it persists please see your doctor as sometimes a small operation is necessary to relieve pressure on the nerve.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-17

Hallo Debbie
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc