Question
Posted by: Nekkies | 2010/09/14

Pain in Upper Palatte and Neck

Dear DR.

Yesterday i woke up with a burning sensation in my upper palatte and during the course of the day it started to ache so badly that I had to take pain killers to relieve the pain. The pain started in the upper palatte but is somhow connected to my neck, when I swallow it hurts (upper palatte) and when I move my neck from left to right with my chin tucked in to my chest, my neck hurts and also when I bend forward my neck as well as upper palette aches. what can this be and how can i treat it, I sed adcodol but the pain returns after a while. the pain in my neck is inside I know it sounds strange but its not like a normal neck muscle ache. And I feel so trired even though I go to bed early.

I hope you can give me some advise.

Many thanks
N

Hallo Nekkies
Please see your doctor - you may have an acute thyroiditis (infection of the thyroid gland) or severe pharingitis and you may need antibiotics.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: megon | 2010/11/20

I had a tonsellectomy about a year ago , but I still get the same pain &  burning sensation &  now lately it''s really beginning to worry me cause the pain is a bit worse in my neck and sometimes my ears also start paining &  I have to use antibiotics almost every month . Please give me some idea as to what else I can do . Really tired of this problem!!!!

Reply to megon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/14

Hallo Nekkies
dr Bets