Question
Posted by: KARI | 2009/01/19

PAIN IN UPPER ARM

I have this contant pain in my right upper arm, which nothing will take away. I had it last year and went for physio for about 2 months and it finally went away, now it has come back and I don' t know what to do about it. Should I always go for physio or could there be a reason for this pain that doesn' t need physio to heal

Dear Kari
It could be caused by a pinched nerve in your neck or a problem with the tendons around the shoulder joint. Please go back to the physio for an evaluation, she will tell you whether she thinks you need a cortisone injection or whether you need to see an orthopedic specialist