Posted by: Helper | 2012-06-21

Pain in the sternum area

Hi Doc. My girlfriend has been experiencing a pain below her rib cage ever since giving birth to our daughter. She describes it as being a stabbing pain. It is accompanied by a lot of burping &  farting. She has gone for 2 gastrocopy''s, been on numerous types of medication but nothing is helping. I am desperate to help her.

I suggest that she consults a gastroenterologist for a thorough examination and possible colonoscopy, as it is possible that she is suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This condition is however, confirmed after exclusion of all other possibilities, like gallstones, pancreatic disease, colon disease etc.