Posted by: Desertstorm | 2009-04-20

Pain in the side of abdomen after sex

I often experience pain in the abdomen (on the sides) after sex. Sometimes the pain lasts a couple of hours, and sometimes it feels sensitive for a couple of days afterwards. No burning urine or anything, but when i stretch out, I feel the uncomfortable pain in the sides of the abdomen. Can you explain why one gets this?

There may be a problem with the uterus or ovaries. See your gynaecologist to check.

Posted by: lovemore | 2009-04-24

I went to my gynea today with the same problem, except that my pain suddenly started out of the blue on both sides and was getting worse and worse like period pains. Apparently my ovaries has moved behind my uterus and while having sex the uterus ' bangs'  against the ovaries which causes the pain. I am having surgery to repair the ligament of my uterus (something like that?!?!) I think you should go and see your doc. good luck!

Reply to lovemore