Posted by: Sabine | 2011-09-17

Pain in the right leg

My right calf hurts since this morning, I am not aware of any strenous or sudden movements that could have caused it. I panicked, as I came back from the US a week ago (17 hr flight!) and thought I may have a thrombosis, but the dull pain got much better with stretching.
It is now almost gone, and I am not sure if I am overreacting. Surely, a thrombosis would not get better with stretching? Skin is normal, no discoloration or temperature increase.

Please advise if I should shoot to the hospital or wait and see?

Under the circumstances, you will have to consult your doctor for an examination to exclude deep vein thrombosis. It is very important, as this condition is fatal.