Question
Posted by: Deon | 2012-06-15

pain in stomch

my lower left side would start as a numb feeling than increase to a cramping/tightness, when I stretch by bending over, sit down, or lay down the cramping would subside and go away....but this numbness happens regularly. I have gone to a Gastroenterologist and he had me go through all sorts of testing to see if my intestines are OK.....and he said everything was fine, but I say that I still have the same issue, he suggests that I take paroxetine....which I think is ridiculus. Any recommendation to what I should do or who to see ? DO that practices neuromusculoskeletal medicine, chiropracter, accupuncture??? Your information would be most appreciated.

Deon

It is possible that you are suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Irritable bowel syndrome is usually a diagnosis that is made, once all other possibilities have been excluded. Refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome

Antidepressants, like Paroxetine (SSRI's) are sometimes prescribed to alleviate the symptoms of IBS but in most cases IBS is successfully treated by making lifestyle changes, like changing your diet (diarise what food brings the symptoms on and avoid them), regular cardiovascular exercise and stress relief methods (like getting hobbies, i.e. fishing, golf).

When the pain and discomfort is severe, you can use Buscopan Co.

1
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-15

Deon, are you overweight by any chance?

Reply to Tanya