Question
Posted by: Francois | 2011-03-15

Pain in stomach, right side

Hi there.

My name is Francois, I am from Cape Town. I am 20 years of age and I have something to ask you that I want some more clarity on.

I have a random pain in the right side of my stomach. Best described as pain in the lower right abdomen. It started somewhat two weeks ago or so, nothing serious tho. It is a very slight pain, but uncomfortable. Yesterday I experienced pain to the lower part of my right ribs as well, but went away.

When I eat a lot, it swells up either within a few hours or the next morning. Some mornings I wake up having the right side of my stomach swollen and a tingling feeling in my bladder.

Since a few days ago the pain got a little bit worse so I went to the doctor. He put some pressure on my stomach but it wasn''t sore and he said he couldn''t feel anything out of the ordinary. He gave me some pills that helps with the overall digestive system. This was on Friday. I went back yesterday, hasn''t gotten better, and when he felt it was a bit sore.

I haven''t been nauseous, don''t have diarrhea or anything. Today I am feeling a bit tired and exhausted.

Do you have any advice whatsoever or know what it might be so I can have some clarity on this? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards,
Francois Botha

Hallo Francois
There are a few conditions that can cause your symptoms, for instance kidney stones, cystic kidneys, irritable bowel syndrome, a stone in the gall bladder or early low grade appendicitis/bladder infection. I think further tests may be needed: sonar of the kidney and gallbladder, urine test, white blood cell count bloodtest.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-15

Hallo Francois