Question
Posted by: ZP | 2010-04-14

Pain in side when running

I have started just running &  try to get in at least 30 mins ±  3 times a week . However, after 15 minutes of running I have been experiencing a stabbing pain on my right side just under the lowest 2 ribs. Am I correct in saying that this is due to being unfit? Is it best to stop or should I push through it?

Also, is it necessary to let your body rest on alternate days when running (as with a heavy weight routine) or can I push my body to exercise everyday to condition it quicker.

For the record, I am a 31yr old male, 1.7m in height &  80kgs in weight.

Hallo ZP
They think it is caused by blood filling the liver and stretching the covering of the liver or stretching of the ligaments that anchors the liver, causing diaphragm spasm. See this interesting article: http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/aa053100a.htm
Take it a little bit slower, breathe deeper and try exhaling on the left foot?

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-14

Hallo ZP

Reply to cyberdoc