Question
Posted by: mso | 2009/06/26

pain in shoulder and pins and needles

am 7months pregnant and cant seeem to be able to sleep on my sides,when i do, i wake up tired&  with paining shoulders. my left arm always feels tingly(pins & needles).sleeping without the pillow reduces pain but not entrirely.what can i do?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear mso,
in pregnancy there is usual water retention as you know and this can cause pressure on different nerves in the body. The tingling is typical of nerve compression and you should consult your obstetrician to possibly prescribe a diuretic for you to help reducing the water retention

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer