Question
Posted by: L. de jager | 2011-01-11

pain in right upper body

hi doc.

My husband has been having the following symptoms:
Very bad headace in the right side of his head in his right eye, his right arm and shoulder and chest (ribs) has very bad pain and he says it feels if everything on his right side (head,eye,ear,arm,shoulder and chest (ribs) feels dead. his mother had 3 heart attacks and his father died of brain cancer.
What could be causing this and should we be concerned?

Hallo L
He may have severe muscle spasm in his shoulder and neck which may cause headaches and referred nerve pain to the chest as the muscle spasm may be pinching nerves to the head and chest area. I think he should see your doctor for a full medical examination. He will then be able to determine whether a neurologist needs to look at the headaches and whether an ECG of the heart is necessary.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-11

Hallo L