Posted by: jasmyn | 2010-09-17

pain in right side

Hi doc
I have been getting pain in my lower right abdominal side (about 6 weeks now) then last night I very suddenly woke up with incredible pain so much so that I couldn''t walk up straight. My husband woke up from me screaming and told me to lie down so he can see. I lied on my back with legs up &  the pain went away. What could it be? and should i worry? I am not on medical aid and is little bit cash strap.

Unfortunately, there are a multitude of reasons of pain on the right side of the abdomen. A special investigation will have to be done to determine the exact cause for your pain. You should at least consult your doctor for an abdominal ultrasound to exclude conditions like polycystic ovarial disease, sub-acute apendisitis, a possible ectopic pregnancy, lymph adenitis, as well as urinary disease.