Question
Posted by: zetty | 2009-09-16

Pain in right shoulder and pins and needles in arms down to my hand

dear doc
i am having terrible pains in my right shoulder especially at night cant lift high or bend my arm over my head and have severe pins and needles in both arms and hands every morining....plse advise

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Zetty,

with pain in your shoulder there are many causes. if you look at our website www.shoulderinstitute.co.za and at "Shoulder Pain" you will find all the causes there and you may be able to match your symptoms with your age etc.

Pins and needles in the arms and hands are usually due to nerve compression in tne neck. you may need to be seen by a doctor to make the diagnosis and suggest further treatment as necessary

Regards,
Dr Joe de Beer