Posted by: Chantal | 2009-09-25

Pain in right breast bone during exercise

I' m not sure whether to take this seriously and don' t want to go see the doc for nothing, but when i exercise, especially cardio, my chest starts to get increasingly sore. It feels like it is in my right breast bone and sometimes it is so sore that i have to stop what i am doing. I have read that high acidity can do this, but it is also concern for stable angina.

Can you shed any light on what this could be or should i see my doctor?

It sometimes continues to be sore, like heartburn in the chest for a long time after the exercise.

I strongly advise that you consult your doctor for a full examination and a stress ECG, to exclude any serious pathology. Your pain is on the right side of your chest and this usually excludes cardio-vascular pathology.