Question
Posted by: maruschka | 2011-08-07

Pain in ovaries and bloating

I was on the Depo shot for about a year and decided to go stop taking it since I gained a lot of weight and struggled to shake it off. I went to my gynae for a check up and also because I didn''t have a period since I started the Depo shot. Turns out I had to go for surgery where the gynae had to prick three holes in my left ovary. He also did a laparoscopy. Since then he put me on Minerva as I have PCOS. It''s been 12 days now and I still have some pain on my left side and I feel incredibly swollen over my belly. When will the swelling subside and is how long will it take for my ovary to stop being so sensitive? I''ve been having my period for 2 weeks now  is that normal in this case?
Thank you!

If it is 12 days since the laparoscopy, it is still quite early. It can take up to a month for things to settle after an operation like this. The bleeding is also probably related to the surgery.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-08-08