Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/17

Pain in my foot

I have this pain in my Metatarsal on the side of my foot for a couple of weeks now. It is a pain on the side of my foot half way between my small toe and my heel. It feels as if there is something right under the skin waiting to push through. Is there a simple answer to this or should I have x-rays taken and see the doc?

Dear Anonymous
You may have inflammation in the area where the peroneus brevis tendon plants in on the head of the metatarsal ( P Brevis is one of the small muscles of the calf). It may help to use an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen, get physio (ultrasound or infra red treatment) See picture on http://www.sportnetdoc.com/injury/04-08.htm - is this where it is sore?