Posted by: Michelle Kater | 2011-07-28

Pain in my feet and heels

Hi every morning when I wake up I cannot stand on my feet.I have to lean against the wall or cupboards just to keep my balance.If I are on my feet for to long the same pain comes back.I take pain tablets but it does not help.What can this be as it is really sacry

You will have to consult your doctor as soon as possible for a full examination, blood tests and a possible referral to a neurologist. Your symptoms are most likely due to inflammation around the nerves that supply your lower limbs with sensation. It can merely be due to a Vitamin B insufficiency or an electrolyte disturbance. Metabolic disease, like diabetes can also have the same effect. It is really important to treat your symptoms and the cause as soon as possible.

Please refer to the following link regarding peripheral neuropathy: