Question
Posted by: Hessie | 2010/09/06

Pain in Major joints?

Hello Doc,
I need some advise. I started getting a burning pain in my left shoulder about a week ago. It is extremely painful and I cannot l lie down on that side. Late last week I started experiencing the same pain in my other shoulder and since in both hips? This morning i felt the same pain in my knee. I honestly struggle to walk, it is that painful and I cannot lift my arms higher than my shoulders. It sometimes hurts so much that I wake up at night from it and cannot get a decent night''s rest as I can not get comfortable. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks,
Hessie

Hallo Hessie
If the joints are warm, red or swollen, you may have an underlying infection or inflammation ( could be an auto-immune problem) Some bacteria and virus infections can cause joint pain, osteoarthritis also usually start in the larger joints. Please see your doctor as I think x/rays and some blood tests may be needed to diagnose the exact cause. Treatment is usually with an anti-inflammatory and pain medication symptomatically, but cortisone, antibiotics may also be needed. You can try a combination of Neurofen 400 mg 3 times a day and Dolorol Forte 2 every 6 hours if you are not allergic to any ingredients for the time being
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/06

Hallo Hessie
dr Bets