Posted by: Melissa | 2012-10-13

Pain in lower lungs, 2 months, no cough

I have had a pain in the lower part of my lungs for 2 months, no cough. It is painful when I breath and laugh. I sometimes feel a pulsation in the lung, and a few times what felt like movement in the right lung. I visited the doctor and he said he could hear the " mucous" . I was put on Augmentin 2 times for 5 days, and then steroids afterwards. It is still persistent and I don''t feel the doctor is being thorough. He has said that it couldn''t still be a bacteria. I live in South Africa and have an immune deficiency (not HIV). What could this be?

I suggest that you consult a pulmonologist for a second opinion. If you are immune deficient, you do run a risk for opportunistic infections. Sometimes a short course of oral antibiotics is not enough and a specialist opinion is needed.