Question
Posted by: ZGZA | 2009-05-26

pain in lower abdomen and testicle

I' m a 28 year old male and had what seemed like a UTI.. symptoms seemed to have been correct. Went to chemist and he gave me antibiotics 2 a day for 5 days. That went away and then about 4 days later started developing a pain in the lower left abdomen, about 2 cm below belt line as well as a occasional pain that felt like it was in my left testicle.. almost like a sting coming from my testicle up to the pain in the lower left abdomen. but this sting has the sensation you get when you knock your testicles.
What could this be.
This is more prominent when I sit but its a mild pain that comes and goes...

Dear ZGZA
Please see a doctor, you may have a persisting infection that spread to the tubes of the testicle (epididymitis) and you may need more antibiotics.

1
Posted by: ZGZA | 2009-05-28

Went to Dr who gave same diagnosis on monday. Started with antibiotics on monday too. Its been 4 days and I still have some pain when I sit.( not all the time, gomes and goes ) . How long will this last? By when should I consult a GP again if the pain has not gone away ?

Reply to ZGZA