Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/09/17

Pain in legs

I am 46 years of age, I weigh 53kg,1.65m tall &  I don' t smoke. I am reasonably fit - I walk(45 min) or cycle(15 min) every 2nd day. For some time now, especially during the nights, I feel pain in my legs. I can' t pinpoint a specific place, it is overall. I don' t know if it is muscle pain or pain in my bones.

I must also mention that recently we were on an overseas trip and for the first time my feet got swollen on the plane on my way there. It also took a couple of days before it was back to normal. That evening on the plain my legs were really aching.

Can you please let me know what the cause may be?

Dear Worried
Pain in the legs can be due to cramping (over exertion of the muscles), shin splints (micro fractures in the bone due to physical exercise) , varicose veins, inflamed tendons, medication like anticholesterol medicines ( statins) or gout medicines ( allopurinol), or reduced circulation in the legs.
Please let your doctor examine your legs and check the pulses, he may need to order a duplex doppler examination or x/rays of the legs and check your blood electrolytes and full blood count to determine the cause.

1
Posted by: Mom | 2008/09/18

I had this and I began taking dolomite, I have not had this since.

Reply to Mom