Question
Posted by: Dale | 2008/07/22

Pain in legs

I developed a pain in my right upper inside of my leg (groin muscle) The pain later spread to between my right hip joint to my right knee joint and sometimes in my left leg. I visited my GP and she sent me for x-rays on my joints and referred me to a orthapedic surgoen, on examining me and the x-rays, he found no fault with my joints or any other thing for that matter. My GP sent me for more x-rays, this time for the spine, as she suspected a nerve entrapment somewhere in the spine. This was dismissed as the x-rays showed no abnormality. With the continous pain in my legs, I decided to visit a Chiropractor. The Chiropractor sent me for addtional x-rays and it was determined that my pelvic bone was out of aligment which in turn made the spine crooked, I could see this on the x-rays. I have now been for 5 sessions at the Chiroprctor and still have no improvment in my legs, sometimes I can hardly walk due to the stabbing pain in my knee joint and muscles in my right leg. Can you shine any light on this or do I need to see a special kind of doctor. I have been battling with this for 5 months now.

Hi Dale
Just go for a physiotherapy evaluation too - this is sometimes caused by Piriformes syndrome (http://www.coccyx.org/whatisit/muscle.htm) as the other most common causes seems to be excluded now.
If the physio can't find any fault, a MR scan of the spine may be needed to exclude disc herniation which one can't see on a x/ray.
Let me know if you get any solution?