Question
Posted by: Lu | 2008/10/13

Pain in Left wrist

I have a pain in my left wrist if I twist it a certain way, i think this might be a result of the way a carried my baby a few months after she was born this year feb ' 08. I struggle to carry her now and i' d like to know what i can use to ease the pain or to sort out the problem.

I don' t know if it' s the muscle or the bone that is aching.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Lu,
The best course of action with any problem is to get an a diagnosis. I would recommend you visit your local osteopath. For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

The best remedy is avoidance of aggravating factors.
When carrying your baby always keep your wrists straight.
There are many devices on the market which enable you to carry your child hands free.
There are supportive braces you can get to support tha anatomy of the wrist.
When holding your child whilst sitting use plenty of props for support such as pillows and arm rests.

There are also many physiological changes during pregnancy and lactation. This is unavoidable but your symptoms will adjust when your physiology does.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath